Dimmitt PTSA supports these school events and encourages families to get involved:
- PTSA Meetings – All are welcome; you do not have to be a member to attend. Tentative meetings dates are 9/23/15, 10/28/15, 1/27/16, 3/23/16 and 5/25/16; please check email for confirmation. Meetings are held in the Dimmitt Library.
- Chaperones – Needed for miscellaneous field trips throughout the year.
- WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) – An on-going opportunity for men to be positive role models at Dimmitt. Sign-up with Amie Mitchell in the Dimmitt front office, or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Viking Business Day – Obtain student’s class schedule; purchase PE Uniform, ASB Membership and Yearbook, Sign up for Dimmitt PTSA.
- Back-to-School BBQ & Curriculum Night – Free BBQ followed by an opportunity to meet your student’s teachers and learn more about their classes’ expectations.
- Vision Screening for 7th Graders – Volunteers needed in morning and afternoon shifts to help the school nurse.
- Cookie Concert – A fun production put on by the Dimmitt Orchestra, Band and Choir. Volunteers needed to set-up and guard the cookie table and clean-up afterward.
- ASB Cookie Dough Distribution – Volunteers help distribute the cookie dough when it arrives at school.
- Dinner for Staff – PTSA provides dinner for staff who stay late for Parent-Teacher Conferences in November. Volunteers bring food, set-up and clean-up.
- Founders’ Day Dinner & Auction (April 1, 2016) – An annual fundraising event hosted by the Renton Council PTSA. Our chapter contributes a basket for the auction and attends the event (let’s represent Dimmitt!).
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May 2-6, 2016) – PTSA plans something daily to show the entire Dimmitt staff how much we appreciate them. A volunteer is needed to chair this committee!
- Clothes for the Cause (May 2016) – As our main fundraiser for the year, we are hosting a clothing and shoe drive. Please be saving new or gently used clothing, shoes, towels, stuffed animals, hats, sheets, blankets, quilts, bedspreads, drapes, purses and belts. We’ll collect it from you in May.
- Dimmitt Community Showcase (May 12, 2016) – A family-friendly event featuring performances by school and local groups, food, and informative booths. All families are encouraged to bring a dessert to share (finger-food-style, not requiring plates or utensils); volunteers are needed to set-up and help facilitate the event.
- Carnival (June) – Volunteers needed to support this ASB-planned event, perhaps even a PTSA-sponsored activity!
- Box Tops for Education (on-going) – Clip Box Tops from food and household items and return them to the school office.
- eScrip – Please register your Fred Meyer Rewards card and select Dimmitt Middle School to receive your dividends!
- Everything Party! – If/When you shop at Everything Party at The Landing in Renton, at the beginning of your transaction, be sure to let them know you are from Dimmitt Middle School so a portion of your sale will come back to Dimmitt.
Volunteers in the school must complete the Washington State Patrol Request for Criminal History Information, or have a current one on file with Dimmitt Middle School (they’re good for two years). Forms can be obtained from and returned to the Dimmitt front office. Please allow time for processing.
We use VolunteerSpot.com to sign-up to volunteers. Look for the links to different events sent via email; make sure your email address is in Skyward Family Access.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here